Monday, March 25, 2013

Goodbye

Today has been sweet and sour. This morning I baked a cake, and had a sweet farewell party with my class. Words can not express how much love I have for these ladies and their sweet children. My heart already misses them, their smiles, laughs, and hugs. Elisabeth is a sweet woman, who has had a hard life. She had her first child at 17. At a young age, she was raised with an abusive father, who abused her mother before divorcing her. Today, Elisabeth gave me a necklace that her father had given her before he became an alcoholic. In Kenyan culture, it is rude to not accept a gift. No matter how painful it is to accept a gift, you are expected to. I did so with tears. I will always cherish the necklace, I will always cherish Elisabeth, and everyone that God has placed in my life here. Thank you all so much for your constant prayers and support throughout all of this. I love you all dearly. Mungu akubariki. God bless you.



No comments: