Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Soccer=Football

I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since I have left Florida. This journey is almost halfway over! Incredibly, it only feels like it has been a few days, but when I look back and see what all God has done, it seems longer than just 3 weeks. Teaching the english class in the mornings has brought me close to many of the girls, especially Ruth. Ruth is the mother of an almost 2 year-old boy named Ramses. Recently, Ruth invited me to come play football (soccer) with her and some other young women. It has been such an opportunity to do something outside of the classroom with these ladies. When we are in the middle of a game, we have to stop on occasion because the Masai men will herd their cows through our field. With many laughs and bruises, we are making memories. The children on most days just sit in the grass, and watch their moms play. Surprisingly, they don't crawl off!

No comments: